Organovo is focused on the utilization of high fidelity, human 3D cell models for target identification, validation, and drug discovery across a range of therapeutic areas. We are seeking a skilled Research Associate/Associate Scientist with a background in primary cell isolation, cell culture and characterization. The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of Organovo’s cell isolation platform.
- BA/BS, MS, or PhD in biological sciences with approximately 5+ years training in cell culture (human liver and/or intestine a plus), primary cell isolation, aseptic technique, and cell-based assay design
- Proficient in cell characterization, and cryopreservation of cells.
- Proficient in cell banking and inventory management
- Experience with cell-based assays, 3-D models, microscopy, and immunomagnetic selection of cells
- Able to be on-call for tissue processing 24/7
- Able to design, execute and troubleshoot experiments independently and efficiently, complete necessary documentation and characterization.
- Able to write and review needed documentation: batch records, work instructions, SOPs, and other quality documentation
- Able to lead a team of 2-3.
- Able and willing to learn new techniques, multitask, keep accurate records, follow instructions with keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication (oral and written), critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team to achieve technical and corporate milestones
What we offer:
Our team members are highly skilled, inclusive, and enthusiastic scientists and research associates
To attract the best and brightest, we offer a competitive employee benefits program. We are pleased to offer the following benefits to regular full-time employees:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus plan
- Group medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match
The above job description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
If you are interested in one of our current opportunities, please submit your resume/CV here.